Rick Richmond is an acclaimed trial lawyer who has tried more than 30 cases to verdict and argued nearly 20 appeals.
For over 35 years, Rick has been fighting for his clients—prosecuting and defending hundreds of crucial, cutting-edge disputes in federal and state courts, federal and local administrative proceedings, and private arbitrations.
A true generalist, Rick has fought for his clients in a wide range of civil matters. His commercial representations often involve breach of contract, fraud, complex partnership and other business relationships, and class actions. On the criminal side, Rick has defended clients against misdemeanor and felony charges, including successful representation of a client in a first-degree murder trial.
In addition to a host of complex commercial, class action, and government-related cases, Rick has represented clients in trade secrets and other high-stakes intellectual property matters, including misappropriation of trade secrets and other forms of infringement. Among his many trial victories, Rick won a $940 million verdict—one of the largest trade secret verdicts in U.S. history—in Epic Systems Corp. v. Tata Consultancy Services.
Prior to joining Larson, Rick was a partner at Jenner & Block, where he founded the Los Angeles office and served as its managing partner. He began his career as an appellate lawyer in the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Division and then spent two decades practicing at an Am Law 100 firm. Rick dedicates part of his practice to pro bono work and has represented clients ranging from nonprofit organizations to defendants on trial for murder. He is also an active member of several legal and local organizations, including the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, the J. Reuben Clark Law Society, and The Chancery Club of Los Angeles.
- George Washington University, J.D., with honors
- Brigham Young University, B.S., cum laude
- District of Columbia (inactive)
- Illinois (inactive)
- Massachusetts (inactive)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S.D.C Central District of California
- U.S.D.C Eastern District of California
- U.S.D.C Northern District of California
- U.S.D.C Southern District of California
- U.S.D.C District of Columbia
- U.S.D.C. District of Arizona
- U.S.D.C. District of Colorado
- U.S.D.C. Northern District of Indiana
- U.S.D.C. Western District of Wisconsin
- Hon. Harlington Wood Jr.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit